Data privacy and security issues are bursting at the seams in ALL industry sectors due to the ability to connect to the internet through networks, apps and a multitude of devices that enable individuals and organizations to collect, transmit, store and use information in a multitude of ways. Connecting to the internet poses privacy and security risks regarding confidential information that, if used or disclosed in certain ways, can result in significant financial and reputational harm to the entity, its employees, clients, customers and others.
- Is your company counting on you to make sure it doesn’t have a data breach and end up on the front page?
- Do you know the latest ways that cyber thieves are trying to gain access to your data?
- Are you learning from others’ mistakes, so that your company doesn’t have to learn the hard way?
- Are your policies in step with state and federal laws and regulations as well as government enforcement trends?
- Do you have a plan for dealing with the financial hit that would accompany a data breach?
If these questions have been weighing on you, as your company’s CEO, CFO, IT manager, HR manager, in-house counsel or risk officer, come to a one-day conference on December 17, 2015, in Lexington, Kentucky, hosted by the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, LLP. Learn about trends in security, legal compliance, risk management and law enforcement on cyber security and data protection and gain practical, hands-on information that you can take back to your company, which will begin paying dividends right away. Continue reading